The purpose of Build Engagement process flow is to ensure a steady, flexible but controlled progression, of the change initiative, out of the initiation into the planning and design elements. It is also to engage stakeholders at all levels, win hearts and minds and involve change subjects within the change initiative, helping them to confront their fear of change and overcome organizational inertia.
In this process flow, there is a focus on the design of the change required, nature and source of resources, progressive and managed engagement of stakeholders, creating a mass of desire in the change subjects, focused communications and obtaining involvement.
Within this process the Enterprise Change Director, through the Enterprise Change Board, will ensure the execution of the activities within the Enterprise Change Preparation Plan.
The Enterprise Change Director and Team will:
- Develop a Vision for the Change, by identifying the key elements required in the final end state or solution, integrating them into a cohesive picture and finalising it into a form that can be communicated.
- Design the organizational resources required for this process, produce role descriptions, appoint those resources, create the organizational breakdown structure (OBS) and initiate their work.
- Produce the Enterprise Change Plan which sets out the steps and activities required to create or build the solution, the governance model and structure, corporate assurance, stakeholders and their risk appetites, key success criteria and strategies, reporting, involvement and procedures for change control, configuration management, risk management, alignment and realignment, communications and planning.
- Develop the Blueprint for the current state, all intermediate states and desired end state. Each of these will be in sufficient detail as to enable an understanding of which business functions or areas are affected, how, in what way, new streamlined processes, workflows, integration mechanisms and organizational objectives.
- Develop the Communication Objectives for the change and design a programme of communications with the Internal Communications Team, who may be charged with delivery of the majority, if not all, of the communications activities.
- Build a mass of desire in the change subjects or participants so that they understand the need for the change, the outline timetable against which it is being designed and implemented, the many factors which have to be considered and integrated and the desired end state, including what it means for corporate capability, competitive advantage and sustainability.
- Execute the activities and seeking to maximise all opportunities to involve stakeholders within them, to spread awareness and build empowerment.